Research Associates (RA) Full-Time: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
Glass Lewis is the world's choice for governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly-listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We cover 30,000+ meetings each year, across approximately 100 global markets.
Our customers include the majority of the world's largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively managing over $40 trillion in assets. We have teams located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific giving us global reach with a local perspective on the important governance issues. Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Kansas City, Australia, Germany, U.K., Ireland, and Japan.
What roles are available?
Research Associates ("RAs") will work with Glass Lewis' research teams to produce unbiased, independent research (Proxy Papers) covering your markets' general meetings, by:
• Reviewing meeting materials disclosed by publicly listed companies (e.g. annual report, notice of meeting)
• Analysing information with regards to corporate governance and remuneration practices
• Summarising meeting proposals and providing voting recommendations based on best practice
RA positions are separated into two areas of focus:
Governance covers meeting proposals for board of director elections, committee memberships, environmental and social issues, skills matrices, auditor appointments, etc.
Remuneration covers meeting proposals for executive pay practices, incentive plans, pay-for-performance, etc.
Contract: Fixed-term full-time (3 months)
Start Date: Jan/ Feb 2024
Location: Ireland (remote or onsite in Limerick)
Who is the ideal candidate?
• A degree in Business, Law, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Language translation or other related field of studies.
• Excellent English reading and writing skills
• Basic reading competency in at least one of the following languages: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
• Strong analytical skills
• Task and time management skills
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst paying attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; personable
• IT skills; proficiency in MS Office, Excel and online research tools
• Experience in qualitative research or corporate governance is considered an advantage.
What Glass Lewis offers
• A comprehensive training program on corporate governance and executive remuneration; including how to analyse data and write analysis on these topics;
• An understanding of Glass Lewis policy and voting guidelines;
• An overview of global governance and ESG market practices;
• A supportive team-oriented work environment;
• A city centre location in one of Ireland's largest cities with lots going on outside of work hours;
• A multicultural work environment with 20+ nationalities and languages.
How to apply
Submit your application via our online career portal: http://www.glasslewis.com/careers
Please include a cover letter with your CV outlining how you are suitable for this role. Details of language proficiency in English and other languages should be included with your application, if available (e.g. language certificate, diploma, or evidence of significant experience abroad).